Standard Size Stainless Steel Splashbacks. Our three standard thicknesses of stainless steel splashbacks, 0.9mm budget, 7mm economy and 10mm finest stainless steel splashbacks are designed to cover all design requirements.
- Firstly we have the 0.9mm budget flat stainless steel splashback which can be used directly on a flat wall or used to cover over unsightly tiles etc.
- Secondly we have the 7mm economy stainless steel splashback which can be either used on its own or its 7mm thickness suits most common thicknesses of wall tiles so is suitable to tile up to.
- And then thirdly we have the 10mm finest stainless steel splashback which makes its own bold statement when fitted to your kitchen enhancing that contemporary look.
Please note that as we have FSC accreditation all timber products used within these products come from sustainable sources.
We also offer a bespoke splashback service for any sizes and thicknesses that fall outside our standard range. Please feel free to either email or Tel: 01582 582811 for a quotation.
Construction: Grade 430 for domestic construction silicone finish brushed stainless steel.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Splashback – Installation instructions and after care guide.
Please click here to download a pdf version of the Splashback fitting instructions (50kb).
Note: DO NOT REMOVE THE PROTECTIVE PLASTIC COATING UNTIL INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE.
We recommend that you leave approximately 1mm around each edge of the splashback to allow for material expansion.
Apply a suitable adhesive to the rear surface of the splashback. Use a silicone, ‘Grip Fill’ or similar product.
Apply the splashback to the wall and push firmly to the wall to ensure a good contact between the wall and the adhesive. Always refer to the adhesive manufacturers instructions regarding the length of time required for the adhesive to cure or dry. The splashback will need to be supported during this period to ensure it does not separate from the wall.
Once the glue or adhesive is fully cured or dried, you may now remove the protective plastic coating.
Stainless steel use and care instructions
To maintain the appearance and performance of your new stainless steel splashback, the following instructions and advice must always be followed. We will not accept products for return that have been damaged due to poor fitting or insufficient care or maintenance.
- Prior to installation, items must be stored either flat or absolutely vertical.
- Items must be stored at normal room temperature and humidity.
- The plastic coating protecting the stainless steel must be undamaged and left intact until installation is completed.
- Items should only be fitted in areas that experience normal household ranges of temperature and humidity.
- Particular care should be taken in newly built areas to ensure a stable atmosphere. All windows/doors should be in place, plasterwork fully dry and major works completed prior to installation.
- Chlorides such as bleach or common salt and acids of any kind can damage stainless steel surfaces. If a spillage occurs rinse immediately and thoroughly with plenty of fresh water and then dry with a soft cloth.
- Metal objects that may rust should never be left in contact with stainless steel.
- To maintain the best appearance, only use warm water and a mild detergent ensuring that the surface is rinsed thoroughly and then dried with a soft cloth.
Care must be taken when handling this product. For your safety, we recommend that hands are protected from edges and corners.